Saying Goodbye to 2015...

December 31, 2015

Jaimie Rogers Editor in Chief
       

Another year has come and gone. I feel like I was writing this post yesterday for 2014. A lot has changed for me and my family. This year has definitely had some high, highs, and some really low, lows. From buying our first home, for our children to grow up in, to injuries, and devastating losses. We definitely grew as a whole.

 Every year I look back at my own personal growth, and I must say just in the last three months I have changed the most I ever have. Some I'm proud of, others not so much.
 
After we bought our house my next focus was college. I had finally wanted to go back so bad I could taste it so I started the process. I got in, I mean it's not so difficult to get into our local community college. I followed through, and before I knew it I was starting my first day of class. The stress everyone talks about is as real as ever. Especially while trying to take care of three kids, one with a gimp leg just to add to everything else. I passed three of my classes, but the last one kicked my butt. Lets just say when the Christmas break came I was so damn happy! 

With all the chaos over here my computer gave out on me. I fixed it to the best of my ability but I eventually told hubbs that's his, and I'm buying a new one just for me! No more used computers for me. Luckily, my cousin loaned me one to get by for the semester, because it took me from the beginning of August till two weeks ago to finally pick one. It finally came in yesterday, and it's awesome. Which is another reason why I haven't blogged in a while. I settled on the HP Pavilion 360, If your shopping add it to your list of ones to check out! I'll probably do a review in a few weeks when the semester starts, and I really put it to the test.
 
But, the main reason I lacked off is because at the end of September, my family got a really shitty life change. I won't go into detail for sense of some privacy sake, but that devastation I talked about earlier left September shitty, October super shitty, and the holidays rough. We were left with major life adjustments, picking up the pieces, but doing everything for family. It probably left me with one of the greatest lessons put into reality. Never take anything for granted. Tomorrow is NEVER promised. I tell my family I love them more. I hug more. I dream big for them. I always said I would do anything for them. Now stronger than ever I would literally take bullets for them. I would die before I let a tear rain down their cheek. For me I have I don't have my family, and in-laws. I have one big family of fifty-three plus people, that I love unconditionally.
I don't usually make resolutions, just due to the fact I never complete them so they are pointless. So, this year I will make a list on things to work on, and hope it all works out.
 
1. Less cursing. Because this is one of those not so proud things I do, and my kids are old enough to repeat. I should probably try to filter better.
 
2. Learn not to burn food. Cooking doesn't come that easy for me. My poor hubbs.

3. Learn how to schedule better. I like schedules, because I like to feel in control of my life, and to be a mom with school kids, and a student I really need to focus on my time management. For the sake of my anxiety. 

4. Pass college. I really want to not just skim by, but actually succeed. I need this for myself, and my family.

5. Love more, gripe less. I'm a nagger. That's self explanatory.
 
Here's to saying goodbye to 2015, a year I'll never forget, and hello to 2016, a year I hope brings ease, peace to our hearts, and success to my entire family and I.

 Cheers!


post sig
nature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe