Easy Wonton Soup Recipe

June 16, 2015

I love brothy soups when I'm under the weather. So when I was prepping for my wisdom teeth removal. I needed something quick and easy. I made my homemade Wonton soup, and today I'm sharing that recipe with you.

Time: 30 Minutes


What You Need:
Soup Pan
Strainer
Blender
Extra bowl
Water
Wonton Wrappers
1 Egg
Chicken Breast
1 Onion
Soy Sauce
Garlic Salt
Pepper
Chives

Directions:
 1. In your soup pan place your uncooked chicken breast and fill with water halfway. Add garlic salt to water. "Enough to salt an ocean." is my motto. chicken is very bland, so it will need seasoned. Boil water. Depending on your amount of wontons you wish to make is estimated for the amount of chicken you will need. For me one chicken breast equals four wontons.

2. Continue to boil water, cooking the chicken throughly. Dice 1 onion and add to boiling water.

3. Place extra bowl under strainer and strain chicken and onion from broth. Pour broth back into the bowl cooking on low, just to keep it warm.

4. Place chicken, onion, a dash of salt and pepper, and 1 Tsps of soy sauce into blender. Grind mixing throughly and making chicken a fine grind. 

5. Beat 1 egg in small bowl. Lay out wontons and begin filling with 1 teaspoon of chicken mixture. Rub egg around wonton border and grab corners and sides pinching together. Repeat until desired number of wontons is made.

6. Bring broth to a boil. Place wontons gently in broth and allow to cook for 10 min or until wonton wrapper is cooked to desired. Stir gently occassionally. 

7. Add chives to soup the last 5 min of cool down. 


This soup was my lifesaver this past week. I had lots of swelling and soreness in my jaw as well as my throat, so it felt great to get some warm broth, and the wontons were soft so I could swallow a whole chunk if I needed to. I had some extra chicken left in my blender. I just put it in a freezer bag, and plan to use it for my next dumplings or wonton recipe. Since the chicken is precooked I think it should last a good three months or so safely in my freezer. At least that's what I'm comfortable with.
Hope it works for you if you have any questions feel free to ask them in the comments.
Enjoy!

post sig
nature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe