Green or Black Thumb For The Busy Mom?

May 21, 2015

With everything happening in the world lately. I had this gut feeling it was time to start prepping. I know. I know. I'm crazy right? Either way I felt it necessary. Along with all the inside stocking, I decided to try my hand at gardening.  
Out in the back of my yard I made a garden with just a few of our favorites. Nothing big, just something I can manage by myself on nap time. I made it a few feet from my aerobic sprinkler. It comes on at least twice a day, sometimes more, so I thought it would be a good idea to get free water and fertilizer all in one. Economic I know. Haha So far I've planted cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, banana peppers, carrots, lettuce, and garlic. 
In a few pots I've planted lavender, red leaf basil, and mint. I'm hoping to get some time in the next week or so to head back to the store and pick up oregano, parsley, and rosemary. 
I'm also trying my hand at a pinterest find to grow an avocado tree from store bought avocados. You can find that tutorial here. I'm also trying out this neat tulip tutorial I also found on pinterest.
   

I still need to put a box around my perimeter of the garden. That way my husband doesn't mow over my plants. It's been so rainy here its hard to get anything done. I can't wait to see how everything turns out in a few weeks. Guess after all the planting we will truly see if I have a green or black thumb! 
post sig
nature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe