Dear Mr. Darcy...

August 29, 2014

Dear...
Whoever you are, I would assume at this point you have made it to the step in life that you are looking for your future bride. Or, you already found her. She's probably the one showing this to you. Either way for any man this is for you. 
I have spent the last eleven years dealing with men. I know I'm a youngster. Some good, some... well let's just say I wasted lots of time. See my honest problem was I was searching for someone to fill a void. A void I made myself that honestly can't be filled by anyone but myself. I learned a few things along the way. Like the fact expectations aren't always reality. Which is why I'm writing this letter. I'm not saying you have to be a perfect person. No one is. All I'm saying is, take this into consideration before you find yourself in a long-term relationship.
A woman dreams of that man. That perfect Mr. Darcy. Which if you've never seen 'Pride and Prejudice' Mr. Darcy is the poster man for how to be the perfect gentleman. We all dream of that man who looks at you like you "hung the moon." That man who holds the doors open, and opens the door to the car for you. Brings you flowers just because. Tells you your beautiful, and stares at you while you sleep. Plans surprise picnics and comes up behind you and wraps his arms around you while drowning you in kisses. That man who you can meet in a field and tell him how in love with him you are. That man who would do anything to make you, "perfectly and incandescently happy." While some of us find those men, there are others who wonder if they even exists. Would it be so hard for you as a man to do those little things? Why should be have to feel like it's only a dream? Ultimately, it is up to you. After all it is your relationship. 
They say a mans home is his castle. But, what is a castle without a queen. In some cases women follow in the mans footsteps. With that, comes great responsibility for the man. You may be sitting there thinking well she doesn't show me love, why should I? Because you have to give love to get it. You are a man, it is your title to be a head of household and set the example, and once you get off your high horse and start doing better, you can reap the benefits as well.
This letter was not intended to be a nag. I just had a inkling that it was something all women have dreamed of at one time or another. While we can sit there and say, "that's ok you don't have to." We all know deep down we are a little disappointed. We don't want to have to tell you these things. We want you to do it on your own. Surprise us. You can be our Mr. Darcy. You just have to try.
post sig
nature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe